The Archaeology Division of the American Anthropological Association was founded in 1983 to advance the study of archaeology as an aspect of anthropology, to provide a forum for members to discuss issues central to the development of archaeology, and to foster the publication and communication of the results of archaeological research and interpretations to anthropologists, to other scholars, and to the general public.
Why be a Part of the Archaeology Division?
- Join our active community working together in the areas of academia, business, government, and nonprofits, dedicated to archaeology’s contribution as an anthropological science
- Help represent anthropological archaeology in state, federal, and international agencies
- Demonstrate to colleagues (and hiring committees) you’re committed to four-field anthropology
- Expand your career
Join Here and Enjoy AD Member Benefits
- Participate in the Annual AAA Meeting
- Participate in Awards and Programs
- Access Anthrosource a portal for anthropological information
- 25% discount on online orders from the AAA’s publication partner, Wiley-Blackwell
- Access the AAA’s group insurance plans
- Reduced membership rates in the Register of Professional Archaeologists